Full Time - 37.5 hours
The Gift Recorder is responsible for data entry, merging and printing letters, running various reports, customer service and other duties as assigned. The Gift Recorder is required to be detailed orientated and perform job functions in accordance with established Development and Data Team policies and procedures.
Assumes responsibility for various areas of data entry into fundraising software to include, but not limited to, entering data in a timely manner with less than a 2% error rate.
- Review gift import files for accuracy and completion of import process into Raiser’s Edge.
- Average productivity rate for import files is 500-800 gifts recorded per day.
- Enter cash, stock, in-kind, and other gift types in accurate and timely manner by remote and manual batch.
- Insure that donation and constituent information is accurate and that gift entries balance to deposit.
- Capture and process credit card gifts as required.
- Process remote deposits.
- Maintain and update constituent biographical information including name, address, phone & email, mailing preferences and all other contact and family relationship information.
- Print and mail donor thank you letters using correct letter types within a 24-hour turn-around of gift receipt. Print and mail all other donor correspondence as needed.
- Set up, process and verify gifts for matching gift companies as necessary.
- Generate data reports and mailing lists as required.
Assumes responsibility for performing assigned administrative and related clerical support functions.
- Receive and follow instructions.
- Insure PCI Compliancy and maintain discretion for donor privacy.
- Follow procedures for filing both digital and paper records.
- Exercise good customer service skills and adhere to appropriate telephone protocol.
- Communicate with donors by phone to accept donations, verify information and answer general questions.
- Use independent judgment to solve problems as they occur.
- Process outgoing mail utilizing postage meter and mail stuffing machines.
- Deliver bulk mailing to post office as required.
- Assist with storing of supplies.
- Perform clerical support for CCNH’s departments and programs such as answering phone calls, word processing, filing and other duties as required.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with company personnel and management.
- Work with professional and non-professional individuals of varied backgrounds, be flexible and have personal integrity.
- Interact tactfully and appropriately with the general public.
- Work with frequent interruptions in a cubicle setting with frequent background noise.
- Respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Endure periods of heavy workload or stress.
- Work in collaboration in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent and have 3 years experience with data entry and database management.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in the use of computers and various software with an emphasis on database software. Microsoft product knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook. Microsoft Access a plus.
- Possess a valid driver's license, a vehicle in good working condition with proper safety equipment and proof of insurance.
- Good keyboarding skills, minimum of 50 W.P.M., and numeric keypad skills. Attentive to detail and accurate. Well organized. Cooperative and willing to assist others. Able to use computer applications, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, shredder, calculator and other office equipment.
Generally Monday through Friday, day shift; occasional requirements to participate in special events, some overtime may be required.