1945 – Bishop Matthew Brady founds New Hampshire Catholic Charities. Monsignor McGreal was named the first Director of the organization.
1945-1946 – Catholic Charities inherits four small homes for the elderly (the start of our nursing and rehabilitation facilities).
1945 – Catholic Charities launches adoption services and begins operating six orphanages.
1958 – St. Ann Home in Dover is opened.
1960’s – Counseling services started in Manchester.
1963 – St. Vincent de Paul Nursing Facility opens in Berlin.
1968 – St. Charles Children’s Home acquired by Catholic Charities and transitioned from the last of the orphanages to group home care.
1968 – The new Mt. Carmel opens in Manchester.
1971 – First district office opens in Littleton.
1972 – The Keene District Office opens.
1977 – Outreach services begin in Lebanon with opening of a new district office.
1979 – Nashua and Concord District Offices opened.
1979 – Catholic Charities begins helping refugees in the wake of the Vietnam War, starting our Immigration Legal Services.
1980 – Rochester and Berlin District Offices open.
1981 – Salem and Laconia District Offices open.
1982 – The OUR PLACE pregnancy program was launched.
1984 – New Hampshire Food Bank is established.
1987 – Manchester District Office established.
1987-1988 – Independent Retirement Living is added to St. Teresa and St. Francis facilities.
1990 – Good Shepherd Nursing Home was purchased.
1994 – Our six nursing facilities become accredited.
1995 – Catholic Charities assumes management of two nursing facilities: Warde Health Center and St. Joseph Residence.
1997 – Independent Living added to St. Ann Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
2003 – The Food Bank begins new outreach with Cooking Matters program.
2011 – The NH Food Bank’s SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Outreach Program starts.
2013 – Parish & Community Services’ Basic Financial Fitness program created.
2015 – Catholic Charities purchased Warde Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Windham.
2017 – Started Managing St. Peter’s Day Care Center for Catholic Medical Center.
2018 – St. Charles Children’s Home becomes St. Charles School.